University of Detroit Mercy
Event in a Box
Setting up an Event
Please note that not all of these items may apply to your event specifically but should provide a general idea of what is expected.
Day of Event
- Arrive between 30 minutes to an hour early to make sure venue is arranged properly and set-up site, including:
- Registration Table (with nametags and sign in sheet)
- Any Audio/Visual
- Prize Tables
- If applicable, when your speaker arrives, make sure he/she feels welcome
- Recognize, greet and sign-in guests (please send this to the Office of Alumni Relations following the event)
- Have someone in charge of taking pictures (submit photos with your Event Follow-up Form)
- At the close of the event, be sure to thank the guests for coming
- Clean up: check to make sure that everything is in satisfactory condition before you leave
Submit the Event Follow-up Form, sign-in sheet, and any photos that may have been taken to the Office of Alumni Relations.